Ava was a hoot this year...she gave herself a pep talk everyday about Santa but when she saw him she would make a mad dash and beg for us to take her home! On Christmas morning she was so scared to come down the stairs because she was terrified that he was down there waiting for her. She refused to go to the fireplace where he had left his crumbs and a letter for her thanking her for the delicious cookies and milk! She would not even open her presents this year...is this the Ava I know?? Landon on the other hand was just hamming it up at all times! He seriously is the cutest butterball I have ever seen!
Every year since I can remember we have always spent Christmas Eve with the Durbec's and the Jackson's/Garza's. Ellen, Vicky and Mom have been best friends for over 20 years and between the three of them they have 8 girls!! The group has grown dramatically over the years as all of us girls have grown up...some are married...some are engaged...some now have kids and it keeps on growing! It is so much fun! We all take turns hosting it at our houses and this year our Newly Weds, Emma and Reid, were so gracious to host it! We had such a great time drinking wine, eating a delicious dinner and playing with the kids. We even got a surprise visit from Santa himself!!
For the past two years now we have spent the night at Mom and Mitch's on Christmas Eve. My sister and Clayton have joined us as well. It makes it so much fun to all wake up together Christmas morning especially with the kids. This year Mitch's daughter, Amanda, was there too! We have so much fun the night before hanging out by the fire, telling stories and listening to music (and drinking wine)!! We have made a tradition for the past 2 years that we cook a big delicious breakfast with just us and open all our presents together. I love family time especially at the holidays that I really hope we can do this every year!
After everyone had naps and rested a bit we then headed over to Tyler's parents house for round 2! Tyler's oldest sister Brooke and Ed flew in from New York...too bad they had to go back to that mess!! It was so nice and relaxing just hanging out except for our little Texas Tornado who had about enough excitement for the next year! She was on her worst behavior and there was no going back!! So unfortunately we did not last long over there and had to pack up and head home for some one's bedtime.



Oh Jamie I agree with everything. I'm so sad to see this time of year come and go. Carsen and Chloe definitely put the meaning back into Christmas for me. You forget about that true spirit when you get older. I'm happy to see you have such a blessed Christmas full of family and love. Cherish all those moments. Happy New Year. Let's get together real soon!!!! Miss you!XOXO
ReplyDelete