(side note...I have been taking a little benadryl when I feel sick because it helps with the nausea..yes 7.5 months pregnant and I still feel nauseas at times. I had purchased a new bottle just the day before which I had taken about 2 tsp. of and passed out within 30 minutes. The next morning Tyler put it on a tall chest we have in our bathroom which Ava can not reach....well we thought! She had brought her little baby stroller in the bathroom and climbed up and got the bottle.)
So...I ran to the phone and called her Dr. and they said take her to the ER now!! I jumped in the car with Ava and rushed up to Baylor in Plano...2 minutes from our house. We were checked in and in our room a little before 8:30. I was a mess...crying and so afraid that Ava was going to go into a coma or something....well for those of you that know Ava...the benadryl did not phase her one bit....Dr.'s and nurses could not believe that she was not passed out!! I was so afraid of what they were going to have to do to my poor little girl. They decided to not pump her stomach and try to get her to drink a cup of charcoal. I told them they were crazy and she was not going to drink this...I asked "What are our other options?" They said if she did not drink the charcoal (which by the way the charcoal absorbs the medicine) that they were going to have to tie her down and put tubes down her nose into her stomach to either pump it or pump the charcoal down into her stomach....I was completely terrified. The nurses were great and tried tons of alternatives to get her to ingest this nasty charcoal liquid. They brought a cup of ice cream that we covered with the charcoal to look like syrup (Ava is no dummy...she knew) but she did eat about 5 spoonfuls of it...then we mixed it with sprite which she drank some of and a few other things.
They then made us stay there for 6 hours to monitor her. I about died when they said I had to stay in this little room with her for another 6 hours!! She did not sleep the entire time but instead had about 5 meltdowns...one of which lasted about an hour...I thought I was going to go into labor due to all the stress!! Needless to say our Texas Tornado is absolutely FINE!!! Me on the other hand probably got about 5 grey hairs and feel like I have been run over by a bus!



I am so sorry you went thru that. So scary. You looked so beautiful at your shower. I am so sad we missed it. Try to get some rest!!! Lauren
ReplyDelete