Sunday, April 15, 2012

NYC

I surprised Tyler with a trip to NYC for his birthday this year, and it was a perfect 4 day getaway for us! It was even more exciting because we got to see friends and family that live there, Brooke and Ed (Tyler's sister and her boyfriend) and our sweet friends The Zukofsky's.
Our first day we walked around and stopped in and out of places and then had dinner at The Standard. On Friday we went to The Met and walked around Central Park. We then found this great restaurant, Lumi, and had the most perfect lunch outside. The food here was AMAZING!! I think I had 3 glasses of wine by 3 and was feeling pretty good and certainly relaxed! Then Devin and sweet baby Ryan met us at the restaurant and sat with us while we waited for Josh to get off work. We walked back to their place and I got to test out my baby skills. I think the newborn stage is one of my favorites! I got to spend some time with our besties and with Ryan Emma (7 weeks old). She is the sweetest baby and one of the prettiest baby girls I have EVER seen! We then all walked to this great Turkish restaurant on the Upper East Side and had a great dinner with Devin, Josh and Ryan. After dinner Tyler and I went back to the hotel, changed and decided to walk to Times Square to check out the seen at midnight...hey why not we are on vacation! We stopped in Grand Central Station and then did a little shopping for the kiddos at The Disney Store in Times Square. Saturday we met Brooke and Ed at Jane's in SoHo for brunch and then had a fun filled day with them. They took us through SoHo and then Tribeca. We went to the new 9/11 Memorial and it was pretty surreal! We then went to East Village and had dinner at this great tiny little restaurant, The Crooked Tree. Seriously the best Crepes I have ever had in my life!! Then from there we bar hopped all night and had the best time...thank you Brooke and Ed for showing us such a great time!!
Our flight was not till late on Sunday so we had planned to get up and have breakfast and then go to The Empire State Building. However, we slept in and ended up ordering room service and renting a movie until we had to leave...it was the best!!! When we got home Sunday night, we were sooo exhausted (aren't we supposed to come back from vacation all refreshed and relaxed?!?!) but it was so good to see the kids and be back in our bed! We had the best time in NYC and it was nice for 4 days to have my hubby all to myself!!

Central Park

The Met

Ryan Emma Zukofsky (7 Weeks)



Grand Central Station

We ran into a Sylvania truck in Tribeca!

9/11 Memorial






East Village






Times Square



No comments:

Post a Comment