My Dearest Landon,
I can not believe it has been an entire year since we first met! Love at first sight can not even describe the feelings your daddy and I felt from the moment you entered our lives. My sweet Landy Lou, you made it through the first year in one piece and so did we!!! Where to start? The moment I found out about you it was very much a surprise...so much of a surprise that your daddy made me take a pregnancy test every day for a week until we could tell people! So once I had 7 positive tests all lined up I explained to him that I am pretty sure we are PREGNANT!! Pregnancy with you was by far enjoyable most of the time...I had every pregnancy symptom imaginable and not the good ones! Trust me you will hear stories one day from just about everyone we know...xoxo!! When we found out you were a BOY, I was pretty much in shock for a few days!! All I remember is seeing you on the ultrasound and shouting "Is that a penis?!?!" Oh lord what was I going to do with you...I am a girls girl all the way!! You blessed our lives on July 8, 2010 at 3:42 PM. We were so happy to finally hold you in our arms, love you unconditionally and get to know your sweet little self. We were so excited for our precious Ava to be a big sister and finally have a permanent play buddy!! You definitely keep each other entertained as well as mommy and daddy! The two of you crack us up on a daily bases. Your sissy LOVES you so much and tells us every day how much she "Likes" you and how sweet you are!! She lights you up like Daddy does when the Cowboy's score a touchdown!! You follow her where ever she goes and for now she LOVES it!! Your new thing is going into her room and pulling all her clothes out of her dresser. If we try to distract you with something else you crawl your sweet little self right back. She will come running in and go "Oh Yandon (she can't say L's)...what are you doing?" She says it so sweetly and then tries to get you out!! I must say it is pretty funny!
You were not the best sleeper at first so I snuggled you next to me as much as possible which kept you and me pretty happy. It may be too early to determine but you're definitely a mama's boy!! You are the most beautiful baby boy with these big sparkly blue eyes, platinum blonde hair, a smile that melts everyone's heart, and have the most precious pouty lips that I suck on everyday!! I dread the day you don't let me hug and kiss you to death anymore. Some people may say I am a bit obsessed with you, well let's just say I won't deny it!
You are the happiest little boy, however when you see something you want which 99% of the time is food...you definitely do not let yourself go unheard!! You love to lay your little head on our shoulders or sprawl out on the floor on your belly and look up at us. Mornings are the best because you always wake up so happy and ready to play. Bath time at night is pretty fun too! You and Ava take a bubble bath together every night...I know one day you will look back and think "EEEW I took baths with Ava!!" and I will show you pictures and videos of how much you loved it!
You started walking on July 3rd at your big birthday bash, exactly a week before your real birthday (thanks Amanda)! You are so stinking cute when you get up to walk. You are so proud of yourself...I mean how could you not be, you have a whole cheer leading squad yelling and jumping up and down every time you do it!! I have to admit I am going to miss you crawling. You have got to be the fastest crawler I have EVER seen!! When you want to get somewhere...there is no stopping you! You love to wave bye bye and hi...you occasionally will say the words to go along with the motions. You say "I Wuv You" which is pretty amazing because you don't really say anything else. I guess that is a testament as to how lovey we all are in this house.
You had your One Year Appt. yesterday with Dr. Frank and they were so amazed at how big you are they measured you twice just to make sure the measurements were right. You are off the charts!! Dr. Frank told us to watch out that every football and basketball coach are going to have their eye on you (Daddy is so proud!!). Here are your stats:
Height: 33 1/2 inches (100%)
Weight: 24.13 lbs (85%)
Head: 18 1/2 inches (75%)
So Happy Happy Birthday my sweet boy!! Time is going by way too fast...sometimes I wish I could stop it and just hold onto all these fun times even just a second longer. It makes me sad sometimes to see you and Ava grow up so fast. I can't imagine this home with no babies around. I guess that is why we keep having you little stinkers!! When I look at you and Ava and how cute you both are, it makes me think sometimes "Why Stop?!?!" But then I think about how CRAZY life can be and it makes me think "Okay we are good!!!" We are so thankful to have two beautiful healthy and loving babies! We love you Bubba and hope you had the best FIRST Birthday....here are lots of pictures to help you remember...xoxo!!
Landon's First Birthday Bash
July 3, 2011
Forth of July
Pool Party at the Manhart's
Heading out for fireworks in our front yard on the golf course....so sweet!!
Landon's First Birthday!!
July 8, 2011



Good times!!! We had such a great time celebrating Landons first birthday. And I just to put on the record that Landon walked to me for the first time! Woo Hoo!
ReplyDelete