Friday, August 13, 2010

Shared Spaces

We have decided to stay in our house for a bit longer since we love it so much even though it is small and we are about to grow out of it. We bought this house 4 years ago and completely remodeled it in hopes of staying here for about 5 years. Well little did we know 4 years later we would have TWO kids!! When we found out we were pregnant a part of me hoped for another girl since the kids were going to share a room. I had so many great ideas for a room that Ava could share with a sister. How would she share a room with a boy?? Well...when we found out that the little peanut in my belly was a boy this created many challenges for us.

Tyler's mom was so kind to make all of Ava's crib bedding so my first thought was to see if we could get her to make Landon's. I spent countless hours on various websites looking for kids bedding that would work for a girl and boy...I even researched shared spaces on websites to see how I was going to coordinate this. We asked Tyler's mom if she would be so kind to make Landon's bedding....and she said YES! I picked out Ava's bedding first and then went to fabric store after fabric store trying to find fabrics for Landon's bedding that would match. I finally found fabrics that coordinated perfectly with Ava's and I was so excited! Christine yet again made the most beautiful bedding for our little boy and I could not have imagined anything more perfect! So now that the bedding and furniture were taken care...my next project was art for the walls.

My girlfriend Amanda has a very talented sister, Mary, who is an amazing artist. I was super excited when she agreed to do some artwork for the room to pull it all together. We decided to do canvases over the crib versus paintings on the walls since this is a temporary situation. That way we can take the beautiful artwork with us wherever we end up. She truly pulled everything together and put the icing on the cake. The room turned out so beautiful and ended up looking nothing like I could have imagined....it turned out even better! I have to give a special thank you to my mother-in-law, Christine, for all the time and love she put into making the bedding and to Mary for the beautiful paintings she created!








1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie! The room looks great! I love the canvases so much and the bedding is perfect. Landon is so precious! I can't believe he is already a month old. I hope things are going well and that we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete